- Size 9 - 16 inch circular needles
- Set of double pointed needles (DPN)
- 1 skein worsted weight navy blue yarn
- Light blue yarn for hat brim
SIZING: This pattern can be adapted for larger or smaller heads, cast on number of stitches and knit for desired size:
0-6 months: CO 48, 5"
- With main color, loosely CO desired number of stitches per size, above. Cast on one extra to join. Slip one stitch from the right hand to the left hand needle, being careful not to twist. Knit the first two stitches together. Place a marker.
- For brim: Knit 2, purl 2 to the end of the round. Repeat for 5 rounds (about 1 inch).
- Switch to second color, knit in the round until hat measures correct length, per sizing above.
- Turn hat inside out and bind off using the three needle bind off technique*, tie off and weave in ends.
Variations - For 'girl ears' tie the yarn around the ears in a bow instead of a knot. Or, instead of pinching ears - add pompoms to the corners, creates a cute loose fitting hat. You may want to knit the hat a bit longer for this variation.