For a list of the activities we used, and a printable sheet please email MommyBrained@live.com - I am happy to share!
You will need:
- Paper, ribbon in choice of colors.
- Craft glue.
- Magnets - make sure yours will stick to a surface on both sides I found packs of 10 small round magnets at my local craft store.
- Large and small circle punches (example: 2" and 1") and number punches 0-9, or similar paper cutter like a Cricut (this can be done with scissors but will take longer and you will need to add a step below to print/draw for outline). We used a cricut for the numbers and large circles and small punch for the activities.
- Hole puncher, we used a special ribbon puncher with two lines like II to thread the ribbon but a standard punch would work.
- Cut/Punch out 48 circles, in the large size. I did 24 red and 24 green - and alternated colors. Example of front/back below.
- Cut/Punch out numbers 1-24.
- Cut ribbon to desired length - I did the exact width of each large circle, and trimmed after the glue dried.
- Print out your list of activities, ensuring they will fit within your small circle punch - and cut/punch out.
- Assemble front pieces: Glue a piece of ribbon and number along each large circle - let dry. I alternated top/bottom for the ribbon.
- Assemble back pieces: Glue the activity (small punch) on another large circle - do not glue to the back side of your initial large circles. You will have two large circles for each day.
- Glue together: place a magnet in between each pair of large circles and glue (make sure you have the activity you want for that day picked out). For mine I have green on front and red on back - or visa versa. Let dry.
- Punch a slit out of the top of each circle - thread ribbon and tie.
- Arrange on magnetic surface 24-1 & count down with a fun activity each day!
Let me know if you have any questions about this project, or suggestions on variations for other crafters!