I made 4 of these using only 1 yard of bottom weight fabric (1/2 yard of 2 colors). Two are for my boys - Angie, guess who the other two are for? J&E's birthday - surprise! I hope you love them!
I rated this project intermediate since there are so many steps and this took several hours for me to put each together after the cutting and finishing. Pictures are below each step.
- 17x10" bottom weight fabric color of choice (main/outside color).
- 17x6" bottom weight fabric (car pocket color - I used outside color again).
- 17x10" bottom weight fabric (inside color).
- Scrap fabric for applique car/truck.
- Steam a seam or other for applique.
- 17x3" black cotton or felt for road.
- 6 - 1x3/16" yellow felt for dashes.
- Ribbon or elastic for attachment loop (I used a hairband).
- 2 Buttons for car wheels/attachment.
- Handle material - ribbon 10".
- Cut all pieces to correct size. Fold bottom weight fabric in half length wise and iron. Attach wrong side of scrap fabric to steam a seam, draw a design of choice on paper and cut.